Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3 Photo of the Day: Prague


Fighting giants statues at the Castle Gate – Prague, Czech Republic © 2014 Peter Marble

September 13, 2013 – On our first full day in Prague, we took the #22 tram to the Castle Quarter. We didn't get as early a start as we had hoped, but Prague was so busy every where we went, at all times of the day, that I don't think it really mattered.

For those who can capture RAW images on their DSLRs, but don't, you might want to think again. Here's what the image above looked like straight out of my Nikon D7000 before I was able to breathe some life into it with Lightroom.

For more information, check out my Top 5 Reasons People Don't Shoot RAW.

2 comments:

  1. Wnhen wer bought our Canon Rebel before our big trip we were encouraged to use RAW but I didnt really understand it. Now I regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only real downside to shooting RAW is the size of the file - about 20mb vs. 7mb for my camera. However, high-capacity flash cards and disk drives are getting cheaper by the day.

    ReplyDelete