Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sandbanks Provincial Park

For this post I selected three shots from a mid-November walk on the beach at Sandbanks Provincial Park. For each photograph I'll show the original image shot with my D7000 and Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD lens, followed by a version edited with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® 5.4.
NOTE: For a larger version, click any image; then to go back, use your browser's back button.
Here's the first original:
For this image I used Lightroom's radial filter to select just the leaf, then desaturated the rest of the image.

This is the second original:
Here I adjusted the light, shadow and dark tones, then reduced the clarity by 100% and finally applied a Post-Crop Vignette (-44).

And here's the last original:
Starting with a Post-Crop Vignette (-18), I then increased the light tones (+30) and decreased the dark tones (-20). Next I increased the Yellow Saturation by +93, then the Highlights (+100), Sharpening (+125) and finally Luminance Smoothing (+100).

Needless to say, a few other people (and species) beat us to the beach.

1 comment: